Author Topic: Sgt. Harold David Westley Royal Canadian Air Force  (Read 4855 times)

Offline *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Marie Curie
    • View Profile
Re: Sgt. Harold David Westley Royal Canadian Air Force
« Reply #45 on: Tuesday 02 July 19 17:41 BST (UK) »
Vancouver Sun and The provinces - June 2006

Obituary for Beverley (wife of Raymond -  deceased 1998 )

WESTLEY  - Beverley of Keremeos, B.C. passed away with her family by her side
on June 4, 2006 at the age of 77 years. Sadly predeceased by husband Raymond; brothers: Norman and Arnold and sister Gladys. Predeceased in 1998 by her loving husband, Ray,
after 51 years of marriage........etc etc

https://lists.rootsweb.com/hyperkitty/list/canada-obits@rootsweb.com/thread/5041423/

Sandra

Obituary for Beverley Westley mentions a son "R" with a wife "D" -  this is the obituary for the father of wife "D"

Ian Milton Loomer ( with photograph) Penticton, British Columbia - 1921 - 2017

https://www.legacy.com/obituaries/name/ian-loomer-obituary?pid=184299590

Sandra

"We search for information, but the burden of proof is always with the thread owner"

Census information is Crown Copyright  http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

British Census copyright The National Archives; Canadian Census copyright Library and Archives Canada

Offline j-allen

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: Tuesday 02 July 19 19:27 BST (UK) »
*Sandra* If they gave out medals on Rootschat you would have one from me! You have gone above and beyond on your research and I am sincerely amazed at the amount of information you have been able to glean for me from one simple request.                                                                       

Thanks too for the personal messages, for which I appreciate your consideration of privacy.
Janice
Rowe (Cornwall, Leicester), Crowther (Worcestershire), Crisp,Westley, Rew (Warwickshire), Bryan (Leicestershire)

Offline *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Marie Curie
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: Wednesday 03 July 19 09:38 BST (UK) »

Oh wow Janice, thank you so much, so pleased we were able to fill out your family research.  The icing on the cake will be when a relative picks up on this thread, as I am sure they will at some point.

Regards
Sandra

"We search for information, but the burden of proof is always with the thread owner"

British Census copyright The National Archives; Canadian Census copyright Library and Archives Canada

Offline dbree

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Canada
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: Saturday 06 July 19 00:35 BST (UK) »
Nice work Sandra  :)

Offline Smit7

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: Saturday 14 December 19 03:59 GMT (UK) »
Hello,
I am one of the great grandaughters of Percy T Westley and Rose Beavin.  My Grandparents were Earl Westley and Audrey Francis.

Offline polarbear

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: Saturday 14 December 19 14:11 GMT (UK) »
Hello and a very warm welcome to RootsChat  :)

It is always exciting when a rellie finds a thread. If you make 2 more posts to even just say "Hi" you will gain acces to the Private Message (PM) system and be able to exchange contact info with j-allen. Please don't post this type of info on this open public forum.

Regards PB
We search for information but it is up to the thread owner to verify that it is correct.

Offline *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Marie Curie
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: Saturday 14 December 19 14:35 GMT (UK) »
Hello,
I am one of the great grandaughters of Percy T Westley and Rose Beavin.  My Grandparents were Earl Westley and Audrey Francis.

Hi Welcome to RootsChat from me to.  Loved working on this thread, think we amassed quite a lot of information for Janice.

Sandra

Offline Smit7

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: Sunday 15 December 19 02:14 GMT (UK) »
Thanks PB, I was wondering how.

And *Sandra*, I love that you found so much information, isn't it such an interesting rabbit hole to wander down.

Offline j-allen

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: Sunday 15 December 19 17:53 GMT (UK) »
Hi Smit7

I am here, up to my eyes at the moment with things and need to go back to Harold's information to refresh my memory.

Thank you so much for contacting me, very exciting. Will make another post later.

Merry Christmas.  ;)

Janice
Rowe (Cornwall, Leicester), Crowther (Worcestershire), Crisp,Westley, Rew (Warwickshire), Bryan (Leicestershire)